Reese's Frankenstein Cupcake Recipe
This adorable Frankenstein Cupcake Recipe features a yummy chocolate cupcake with cream cheese frosting, and Chocolate Reese's, M&Ms, and sprinkles for the decoration.
1 devil's food cake mix
1/2 C. oil
2/3 C. sour cream
1/2 C. buttermilk or milk
2 tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 C. butter, softened
8 oz. cream cheese, (or an extra 1/2 C. butter, softened)
3-4 C. powdered sugar
2-3 Tbsp. milk
Green Food Coloring
Reese's Cups (20)
white chocolate melts (1/3 Cup)
chocolate M&M's (40) or you can use any of the colors or Junior Mints!
Chocolate Chips (40)
Chocolate Jimmy Sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line pans with cupcake liners.
- Sift cake mix into a large bowl and add eggs, oil, sour creme, buttermilk and vanilla extract and stir until smooth.
- Fill cupcake liners 3/4 full and bake for 14-17 minutes or until an inserted knife comes out clean.
- Let cool.
- Beat butter and cream cheese until smooth. Add 2 cups powdered sugar and 1 tablespoon milk. The continue to add in more powdered sugar until you reach your desired consistency. Add more milk if it becomes too thick and add food coloring.
- To Make Eyes: (see photos) Melt white chocolate melts, pour into a small bag to make a mini piping bag, pipe dime-sized circles onto wax paper then immediately place a brown M&M on top and let set for a few minutes.
- Pipe green frosting onto cupcakes (see photos) and shape the frosting into Frank's head. You can make it as square-shaped as you like! Place a Reese's Cup on top, put eyes on and then chocolate chips as"bolts" and use the Jimmies to give eyebrows and a mouth!