Oreo Bat Cupcake Recipe
These festive Bat Cupcakes feature a dark chocolate cupcake with chocolate frosting and oreo cookie decorations.
- 1 box Betty Crocker™ SuperMoist™ dark chocolate cake mix
- 1 1/4 cups buttermilk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup Oreo™ mini chocolate creme sandwich cookies, crushed
- 1 container Betty Crocker™ Rich & Creamy chocolate frosting
- 24 thin chocolate wafer cookies, broken in half
- 24 Oreo™ mini chocolate creme sandwich cookies
- Betty Crocker™ Decorating Cookie Icing white icing (from 7-oz pouch)
- 48 candy eyes
Heat oven to 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick pans). Place paper baking cup in each of 24 regular-size muffin cups.
In large bowl, beat cake mix, buttermilk, oil and eggs with electric mixer on low speed 30 seconds, then on medium speed 2 minutes. Stir in crushed cookies. Divide batter evenly among muffin cups.
Bake 15 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes; remove from pans to cooling racks. Cool completely.
Stir food color into frosting; frost cupcakes. Insert 1 chocolate wafer cookie piece on each side of cupcake to look like bat wings. Place 1 miniature sandwich cookie between cookie pieces for bat body. Squeeze 2 small dots white icing onto each cookie; attach candy eyes.